If you're in the business of photography, your website is your storefront, and you need folks to find that website in order to hire you for photography services or buy your products. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an ongoing process for photographers in configuring and using their web platforms to bring in leads and other visitors to their websites.
Topics will include:
- a holistic look at SEO
- identifying your target audience, and how they might search for you
- a review of the numerous search ranking factors which Google (and other search engines) use to decide how well (or poorly) your website should rank in search results
- understanding how local listings (Google, Yelp, etc) affect search rankings
- developing a content strategy that optimizes how your blog, website, and social networks can work together to bring new visitors to your website
- a look at the technical SEO aspects of your web platform and web hosting
- information on how to stay up to date with the changing SEO world
SEO tactics change frequently; if you're following SEO advice from a few years ago there's a good chance you're harming, rather than helping, your business.
Many of the topics will include specific advice and tactics; attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop computer so that they can make changes to, or look at, settings and configuration on their websites.
If you're attended OPPA's "Improving Your Online Presence as a Photographer" workshop either of the times it was offered in 2015, know that this workshop will take things to the next level, getting more in depth and hands-on with SEO. We'll be spending the entire day on search optimization including specific tactics, rather than the 90 minute overview that was part of last year's workshops.
This workshop is limited to 10 attendees; register early to guarantee your spot!
The workshop is being held at Kathi Lamm's studio; directions will be given to registered attendees about a week prior to the event.
This workshop is PPA-accredited; PPA attendees who attend the entire session will receive one PPA merit.
This workshop is presented by Aaron Hockley, a professional photographer with a background in technology. He represented USA as a 2015 World Photographic Cup finalist and was awarded third place for Commercial/Illustrative photography at PPA's 2015 Grand Imaging Awards. Aaron was awarded the 2014 OPPA President's Award and is an OPPA Associate Fellow of Photography. Over the past seven years he's spoken about the intersection of photography and online media at various international, national, and regional events.